I love to bitch about things. Bad customer service in a restaurant. Some douchebag behaving like a douchebag. Another systemic failure of government.
It can be a great outlet, and sometimes I’ll even allow clients 90 seconds for a BMW burst (that’s Bitch, Moan and Whine) at the start of a session to get it out of their system.
So here’s what I want you to do…
- The next time you start bitching, moaning and whining to someone – or even just in your head – take a breath and notice what’s about to happen.
- Resist the temptation to dive in and vent. It is tempting, but all you need is to interrupt yourself for a moment.
- Look for a way to praise, empathise with or appreciate the situation. What’s a way you can find a thread of value in things, just as they are?
- Have that thread of value take centre stage. Have that be your experience.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for the next 7 days.
Let me know what happens in the comments…